Sunday, July 1, 2007

Oink Downed By DynDNS

Oink.me.uk has been down for the past few days, with requests to the page simply dying.

As it turns out, they have been taken down the same way this site was. Their domain name was hijacked by an American registrar. DynDNS, the same company that fucked this site is also responsible for taking Oink offline.

This action could be an indication that what happened here is not just a random act, but part of a new strategy to use American control over ICANN and the DNS system to block access to internet sites that U.S. corporations disagree with.

Personally, I simply don't have enough evidence to know what the ultimate reason is for these actions, but I can say that after this, my desire to discover the truth is stronger than ever.

I have been sitting on the fence, so to speak, about whether or not I should file suit against dyndns (dynamic network services inc). To do so would require large amounts of my time, money I don't have, and would also carry the risk of incurring large financial liabilities should I lose.

However, after this fresh action against Oink, I believe that I have little choice but to take action, and I will do everything within my power and legal rights to get justice.

The fact of the matter is that it is DynDNS, the RIAA and MPAA, and the corporation they represent who are breaking the law. They are the ones committing fraud and libel, breaching contract, filing frivolous lawsuits, extorting money from consumers, and harassing and intimidating law abiding citizens who disagree with their perverse interpretation of copyright law. But this behavior is not without consequence. We do not have to simply sit by and allow them to steal our money and call us criminals if we resist their attempts to take more. At least I don't. And I will see you fuckers in court.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Exactly!!!

Anonymous said...

Whatever it takes.